Manish Bisht, My Corner of Internet : https://manishbisht.me
Mise à jour il y a 63w · L'auteur dispose de réponses 157 et de vues de réponses 259.7k
Réponse d'origine: How can I get an internship at Amazon in India?
Interested students can apply through the following methods:
1. Online application: Internships – Amazon recruitment
Applying online through Amazon’s university recruitment page.
2. Through a referral:
Having a referral is the easiest way to get invited for an interview at Amazon. If you know someone who works at Amazon, ask them to provide you a referral. You can even find some employees through LinkedIn or Facebook for this.
3. Mailing the HR executive:
Find a previous/current Amazon employee/intern and ask her to provide you the e-mail address of the HR. Mail the HR directly, clearly stating your purpose, with a strong cover letter and resume.
4. Campus Recruitment:
Amazon visits a few selected colleges for recruiting interns.
What after applying?
Undergraduate students are asked either to upload their resume while applying online or to send in their resumes to the HR they communicated with. After the initial screening based on their resumes, students are called for a telephonic interview or an online screening test.
screening test generally comprises of 20 MCQs from Computer Science fundamentals (OS, DS, DBMS, and Networks etc.) and 2 coding questions like:
• Given a linked list, write a function to reverse every k nodes (where k is an input to the question)
• Write a function that returns true if a given undirected chart is a tree, and false otherwise.
This is followed by a telephonic interview which consists of both technical and general questions. Fewsample technical questions sont:
• Given a binary tree, print its boundary traversal.
• What is meant by virtual memory?
• There are billions of URLs given. Come up with an efficient data structure that returns the IP addresses of these URLs.
• Given a string, display the words in reverse order.
Les HR questions asked are pretty standard like:
• Tell me about yourself.
• What are your career goals and how will this internship fit into that?
• What problems you faced during your past projects and how did you overcome them?
After this, the students are called for a face-to-face onsite interview at one of the Amazon India offices. These interviews are mostly broken into 2 parts where a panel of three interviewers analyze your technical and behavioral skills. Some sample questions sont:
• Which data structure will you use to keep records of the stock market – If you have to maintain the stock values of various companies during various periods and return minimum stock value of a particular company over a given period of time?
• Write a function to check whether a binary tree is a subtree of another binary tree.
• You have to design a media player: What data structure will you use to store songs and play them in a random order without any repeats.
Once the internship starts, interns are assigned a mentor. The first week is generally comprised of orientation programs, boot camps etc., and every intern is assigned to a specific team. The intern projects at Amazon are normally of high quality and significance, and interns are encouraged to write/tweak important codes. Amazon generally offers a stipend of 30K/ month along with one week of accommodation. Other perks include Sodexo coupons, 24/7 cab facility, and team outings.
Word of advice from ex-interns:
Get comfortable: During interviews, be prepared to code on different mediums (on paper, shared text editor, whiteboard etc.) for different questions and get comfortable talking about coding over the phone.
Unique work culture: All the interns are treated like the employees of the company. Interns are encouraged to come up with new ideas in the weekly brainstorming sessions. You usually call your managers by their first names, and you get flexible work hours with the option to work from home.
Getting placed: Generally, the internships at Amazon India result in three different outcomes:
1. Pre-Placement Interview (PPI) – If you have completed your project on time and with a decent performance, you’ll get an opportunity to take a PPI which will consist of 1 or 2 technical rounds.
2. Pre-Placement Offer (PPO) – If your manager is impressed with your work, you may directly get the offer letter without any interviews.
3. Rejection – If your manager believes that you are not competent enough to match Amazon standards, you are directly rejected. This is a very rare case; mostly interns at least get the chance of taking a PPI.
A couple of pro-tips:
• For développeur de logiciels profile, you need to be proficient in Java as most of the work at Amazon is done in Java.
• For the personal interviews, go in casuals. Being suited up won’t impress anyone.
• Practice a lot of coding quizzes. Interviewers want to check whether you can apply your coding skills in the real world scenarios.
• Ressources: The best way to prepare for the interviews is by practicing different types of coding questions which were actually asked in the Amazon interviews in the past. You can get all the questions asked over the years ici . For practicing specific technical questions, use this Q&A site.
Mise à jour 1: Cela a été posté à l'origine ici .
Ni, Internship application addict
Répondu il y a 98w
Merci pour le A2A.
I’ve never really believed in applying through firms’ official websites. I seriously doubt the chances.
I think finding a referral makes the most sense. If you do not know anyone personally, try to find people who do. Ask your teachers, post on forums, stalk people on forums (..I think it safe to mention that I’m joking..) and ask around. Ask on websites like Quora, Reddit, etc. Facebook groups with students looking for internship opportunities might be helpful.
Also, you might want to check out Stages en Inde | Internshala or Summer Internship | Winter Internship | Internship Jobs in India 2016 - Letsintern.
Additionally, make use of the Placement & training cell in your college. Ask them to find out if they would be willing to share contacts. Sometimes they would not be able to get the company to the college, but they might be having the relevant contacts. Wouldn’t hurt to try.
Establishing a network and building contacts are getting extremely important. Ensure you learn where to ask to get what you want.
Switch Idea, Your Internship Advisor (2014-present)
Répondu il y a 3w
E-commerce has changed the shopping experience- from customer service to variety of goods on sale. In this sector, Amazon has performed and grown to become one of the most sought-after employees at par with other companies like Google and Facebook in India.
And the fact that a large part of the fresh talent that Amazon hires comes through pre-placement offer extended to interns, there is quite naturally a very tough competition to get an internship at Amazon.
Internship at Amazon India
Amazon is considered as one of the most intern-friendly organisations in India with tons of internship opportunities in varied fields. From software engineering, testing, customer support and web development to customer acquisition, operations management, program management, etc, Amazon India always has multiple internship openings for undergraduates. Usually, the internship at Amazon India lasts for a duration of 3 months.
How to Apply for Internship at Amazon India
There are many ways to apply for an internship at Amazon. The key is to be technically strong and passionate about the position you are applying for. Some of the ways to apply are:
- Candidature en ligne
You can search for available internship positions at Amazon on their official recruitment page. Alternatively, you can do a quick Google search about internship openings at Amazon and apply for the openings online.
Internship portals are a good place to find all the internship at one place and keep track of your application too!
- College Placements
Amazon goes for campus placement in some institutes of the country. Students can apply for an internship through college placement. If not, you can reach out to your college training and placement cell to send the application email to the HR at Amazon.
Referrals always work in your favour and there are high chances that a good reference point can help you get shortlisted for an interview at Amazon. However, you need to perform well in the interview to get the internship. Referrals can get your resume past the initial screening and shortlisting phase, but you will still have to perform well in interviews and showcase strong technical knowledge to get selected.
Your Profile is Shortlisted. Now what?
The hiring process in Amazon is one of the most grueling and comprises of multiple rounds.
- Once you have successfully applied and your resume is shortlisted, you will have to appear for a screening test. The test will be a mix of both aptitude and technical questions. You need to be technically strong and must prepare a good number of old test papers from Amazon to give your best here.
Note: Make sure you polish your coding skills, especially at Java, as most of the coding at Amazon is done using Java.
- If you clear the online screening, you will have to appear for a telephonic interview round that consists of a mix of technical and HR questions.
- Next step is the face to face interview. This is the final round where you are most likely to perform coding on different mediums. If you are able to code on the problems given, there are very high chances of you getting selected at Amazon.
Good luck, happy interning to you!
Shubham Pandey, Working as an intern at Alstom
Répondu il y a 120w
Réponse d'origine: How can I get an internship at Amazon in India?
For an internship in a company like Amazon you can follow these things,
- University Recruiting keep checking this website regularly
- Try to get yourself referred from someone who is working in the company and make sure to vouch for an interview.
All the best. Hope you get a very good experience there.
By the way, I also suggest you to refresh your skills mainly programming(especially on JAVA), some computer concepts like Data Communications and Networking.
Paresh Jain, travaille chez Amazon
Répondu il y a 48w · L'auteur dispose de réponses 51 et de vues de réponses 34.9k
Answering only for Software development internships and that too in India.
Amazon visits close to hundred colleges for placements. It also interviews for internships in some of these. If you are fortunate to be in one of these, take your chance. Prepare well.
If you are not in one of these colleges and Amazon has not been able to achieve its target, it conducts internship drives in batches in January February timeframe. Try in that.
Lastly try to get referred by someone already in Amazon.
Répondu il y a 144w
Réponse d'origine: How does one apply for summer internship at Amazon India Development Center?
There are two ways to apply for internship in Amazon India.
1) You may apply for internship through Amazon Jobs website. Recruitment team would check the resumes and call the candidate for interview only if they find that the resume is matching their requirement.
2) Someone(who knows a team that is in need of interns) from Amazon should refer you for internship. (People/students usually get internship in this way). Once you are referred, you would be called for an interview.
Interview process may vary depending on the team you are attending the interview for.